APICS Greater Detroit 2019 Year in Review!
APICS Greater Detroit is proud to continue to serve the Detroit area Supply Chain Community!
We are ambitious, smart, and passionate about operations and supply chain management.
We invite you to take a look back at 2019 with us at highlights from our educational events, certification classes, community support and more!
We look forward to seeing you in 2020!
2019 was an exciting year for the APICS Greater Detroit chapter!
We listened to your feedback and improved our educational offerings in the following ways:
- We made our globally recognized certification training courses for Certified in Production & Inventory Management (CPIM), Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) and Certified in Logistics, Transportation & Distribution (CLTD) more affordable and more flexible than ever before. We added new delivery options, providing more flexibility to learn from experts in person and/or in virtual environments. We also offered savings of 20% off historical prices!
- We also offered a Sales & Operations Planning Seminar, full day event that provided managers and planners a comprehensive review of the principles and functions of S&OP. Attendees participated in exercises and discussions on the elements of data collection, demand and supply planning, and conducting the pre- and executive S&OP meetings.
- Congratulations to all of the individuals for earning an APICS Supply Chain certification in 2019!
We hosted many events throughout the year that helped the community, provided educational and networking opportunities!
- March 2019: We kicked off the year with a fun event supporting Fleece & Thank You, a wonderful organization focused on providing comfort and hope to children battling illness. They provide donors the unique opportunity to create fleece blankets and special video messages of encouragement. The APICS Greater Detroit group worked together to put together over 100 blanket kits. Every blanket has a special patch that carries the video message from the maker.
- April 2019: Supply chain professionals got together for an interactive discussion with Global Supply Chain Management Executive, Richard Ulrey Jr., CPA, MBA, PhD. Richard shared expert advice on how a successful Sales & Operations Planning process integrates marketing, operational and distribution planning to create over-arching strategic plans for business.
- June 2019: We hosted a fun networking event and informative tour last week at B. Netkar, the largest meadery in the USA!
- August 2019: We teamed up with ISM and CSCMP to host the 2nd annual Southeast MI golf outing! Participants included Supply Chain Professionals from Adient, GM, FCA, Comp Logistics, Cooper, MetaOps, Wayne State University, Michigan State University, Eastern Michigan University, 4Flow, LLamasoft all enjoyed networking, prizes and of course 18 rounds of golf!
- September 2019: We hosted a fun fall networking event at Axe Throwing at BATL in Novi!
- November 2019: APICS Greater Detroit and Slalom hosted Tim McCurdy, StockX’s VP of Supply Chain, and our amazing members and guests for a night of Supply Chain topics, food, drinks, and networking.
We proudly supported supply chain students.
- We continue to partner with the Eastern Michigan University APICS Student Chapter. The Student Chapter Management Program is designed as a management tool for student chapters that are seeking to improve their processes, products, and services. It encourages the operation of a well-managed chapter that is properly balanced and effective in meeting its student member needs. The APICS EMU Chapter Earned Platinum Status for their chapter for the 33rd year!
- In the Fall of 2019, we launched NEW Student Ambassador (SA) Program starting in 2020. SAs will gain valuable experience and exposure, serving as a resource for fellow students on the benefits of APICS.