3 Ways a CPIM Certification Catapults Your Career Trajectory
APICS Greater Detroit serves local supply chain professionals by providing knowledge and education needed to compete in today’s world. Last week, at our Supply Chain Community Connect that we co-host with CSCMP Detroit, we reviewed highlights from Gartner’s 2020 Supply Chain Top 25 results recently announced.
Johnson & Johnson (J&J) was ranked number 3 on Gartner’s list, climbing 5 spots in 2020. Per Gartner, J&J’s success is due to their embrace of supply chain innovation. J&J acknowledges in the video shared here how they leveraged the APICS body of knowledge to help drive innovation. Read more below.
Per Association Supply Chain Management (ASCM), starting in 2015 J&J began their journey to enhance their LEAN program with APICS body of knowledge and certifications. Training associates using APICS certification and lean principles, the initiative generated demand and create value for Johnson & Johnson Health Care including:
- 1,000 discrete insights to improve processes and supply chain outcomes.
- A $1.8 million in operating cost savings.
- 52% increase in lean capability review scores.
- Positive effects on the customer experience, operational capabilities, compliance, and the bottom line.
By starting small and investing significant time in associates who had specifically expressed an interest in the education, J&J leaders were able to spark a grassroots effort. Using APICS certification and lean principles, J&J brought about meaningful, positive effects on the customer experience, operational capabilities, compliance, and the bottom line. Read the full case study here.
Gartner recognizes the success of J&J’s focus on innovation and recommends supply chain leaders learn from the strategy and leadership of top global supply chains by applying the following tactics:
- Clearly define and communicate your supply chain’s broader purpose in the world to inspire customers, employees and partners to act ethically and sustainably in support of the global community.
- Position your organization to be a disruptor by infusing agility into existing capabilities or acquiring startups offering the expertise and DNA necessary to compete in new or reinvented markets.
- Create a digital orchestration culture in your organization by investing in rapid and open innovation that is sourced from both internal talent and external partners with specialized skills and technologies.
Looking for help sparking innovation in your supply chain?
You have access to globally recognized supply chain education and certifications through APICS Greater Detroit! We offer individual supply chain expert instructor-led classes starting in September as well as custom corporate classes developed specifically for your organization.
We’d also love to have you join us for our next Supply Chain Community Connect on July 7th! This is an open forum for supply chain to connect, share and discuss ideas as we all navigate through these challenging times. More info below.